Monday, June 1, 2009

Cookies and Banana Bread


What a weekend and Monday! I made 2 huge batches of oatmeal cookies, some lemon cookies on Sunday and 9 loaves of banana bread tonight. Ok, some of the oatmeal cookies are going to Iowa with me on Sunday. There are about 12 of us stampers who gather annually and have a couple of wonderful days. We stamp, we eat, we gossip, we eat, we exchange ideas, we eat, we share what we have learned in the last year and we eat. I will take cookies and some banana bread. The rest of the cookies are made for my two youngest grandsons who will be staying with us for a week in June while Mom and Dad go to Mexico to relax and celebrate their 10th anniversary. I figured while I was baking I should just get it all done with at once. I never bake anything anymore so my husband, Bill was extremely surprised and very happy! I had a bunch of bananas in the freezer and now they are finally gone.

Tomorrow is my last day of work for 8 whole weeks. Ahhh the joys of summer vacation. I do believe that the anticipation is better than the real thing. It goes so fast once it starts.

Ok, on to the card for today. I made this one quite some time ago and before I fell in love with Copics but I still like the card. The stamps are all from Eat Cake Graphics as is the chunky glitter. They are colored with SU markers. Pretty basic but a fun summer card.

1 comment:

  1. OMG that is so cute!! Sounds like you have a good time coming!

    ReplyDelete