Friday, July 2, 2010

Happy Birthday America


We are going to a block party for the 4th of July. They are predicting rain so we will see what happens. I can't even remember the last time we had rain on the 4th. I do remember many years ago when the girls were little, it was so cold we went to the fireworks display in winter coats and then came home and had hot chocolate. Another 4th that stands out is when we were in Jackson Hole WY. and the fireworks display was to be right behind our cabin. Again it was very cold that night so we stayed outside until we couldn't feel our toes and then went inside and three of us were huddled in the bathroom trying to look out a very tiny window. Michelle was with us that time and we still occasionally talk about that time. Do any 4th of July celebrations stand out in your mind? God Bless America!

My card is an adorable stamp set made for Archivers by Stampendous called Summer Cuties, the fireworks is a sticker from my stash as is the USA and stars sticker. The paper is from Archivers and called Huckleberry. I added some stripes from PTI's Distressed Stripes in the background. Oh and of course I used my Copics to color it and then went over the sunglasses with a clear Spicka pen for glitter. Easy peasy!

Until next time, Happy Trails to you...

Sheri

9 comments:

  1. Hi Sheri,
    What a cute little girl with star sunglasses! Just right for the 4th. Happy 4th. of July to you.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great card Sheri. Thanks for sending me one similar to it. (I remember terrible rains starting on the 4th of July in 1993 - our 25th Anniversary - and the beginning of a lot of flooding in this area. I think we've had some rainy 4ths since that too.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card. That girl is really cute. Hope the rain holds off, we're supposed to get it too. Gee, sure wish Archivers would move to SE Okla!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the cards you made with this image Sheri - she is just the cutest! I sure hope it doesn't rain there! I remember watching fireworks over the bay when I was little and we stayed at Atlantic City for the summers. I loved living at the beach in the summers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, Sheri! So adorable and well-done. I remember some cold Fourths, too. I hope you stay dry for your celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not really much we do for celebrating Canada Day, although we should cuz I LOVE CANADA! hee hee. Love your card too!! She's such a cutie and that sticker is so cool!! It looks like a stamp that you embossed with gold. I like how you put the stripes on there too. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I looked and looked but couldn't find that stamp on the Stampendous site. I am thinking maybe it's exclusive to Archivers???? Dang!

    Love you card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sheri, your little girl is a star spangled spectacular child!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling card! Happy fourth...hope you didn't get rained on!

    ReplyDelete