Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Valentine's Day Already??


Alright it may be a tad bit early for Valentine's Day cards but I am home for 2 weeks so what better time to start on them? This is the first one I made so far. I used Bazzill paper Guava Sensation and Cherry Splash for the papers. The ribbon is from Hobby Lobby and I have had it forever. I used PaperTrey Ink's Fancy Flourishes and embossed the hearts with silver embossing powder. I used the Nesties for the Valentine Wishes cutout and the squares and scallops. Then pulled out my Cuttlebug embossing folder "hearts" for the background.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and that travel was not difficult. Goodness it sounds like everywhere except the midwest was hit with either rain or snow. And lots of it! They are talking about a winter storm coming our way way tomorrow night. I don't think it will amount to much but I am still ready for spring!

Happy New Year to everyone! Blessing and good health to all in 2011!

Until next time, Happy trails to you.....

Sheri and Miss Lucy

8 comments:

  1. I love that embossing folder, actually have it myself. I love the little heart squares and the flourishes on them. Very pretty Valentine card. I am so ready for something other than Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Sheri! How fun to be making Valentine cards:) I'll be making a few thank yous soon - hopefully today! Enjoy your time off!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheri,
    I haven't even thought of Valentine's cards yet but it's a good time for you to start. What a great heart card!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty Valentine card - I love all the details and the layout! I am so glad to be done with holiday cards and love to see some valentines! Enjoy your time off and Happy New Year to you, Bill and Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh girl, I haven't gotten past Christmas yet . . . LOL! Way to go . . . you're starting early . . . totally gorgeous Valentine's card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I usually can't WAIT to start on Valentine's cards once Christmas is over, so I don't think you're too early at all! Very pretty card! I like the little swirls on each heart, and the postage stamp look to the squares!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're too early!! But I love the card, it came out so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is NOT too early!! hee hee This is gorgeous and I'm so happy to see something spring-like!!

    ReplyDelete