Wednesday, March 14, 2012

New Home

I know that I said that I would show you more cards from the fundraiser but I wanted to take a time out and show you this one.  On Saturday I was walking out of a restaurant and heading to Archivers to pick up one teeny tiny little thing when my phone rang.  It was my daughter and she asked if I thought I could help her make cards to announce that they have moved.  I saw this cute Jelli Bean set for only $4.99 and grabbed it.  I began to brainstorm and came up with this design.  I was really happy with it and I think she is too.  She needed 30 - 35 of them so I made 40 pieces and made a "kit" so that she can put them together.  She doesn't have a die cut machine, or any ink - well she has nothing - at least that she can find right now.  Everything she  might have is packed up.  So I thought if I made kits she could sit home and work on them while she watches tv.  I used Memento Ink, the cloud is from PTI as is the "just moved" sentiment and the base card.  The blue and green paper is from Bo Bunny. 

Ok I am reading another very good book called Save Me by Lisa Scottoline.  It is part family story and part mystery.  A really good read. 

The last two days it has been 81 degrees in Omaha NE!  Now if we are lucky in a normal winter it is 50 and we have alot of snow on the ground and the wind is howling.  This year it is warm and we have blue skies and no wind.  I was really sweating up a storm when I went for my walk today.  I wonder what the summer will bring...

Until next time, happy trails to you....

Sheri

6 comments:

  1. Perfect set for your purpose! Very cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great card! And what a great mom you are to make cards kits for your daughter. That's cool that she can put them together herself.

    Awesome weather down there! We were in the seventies here yesterday, so I'll take that:) Owen and I walked to Michael's and I had to change into capris and short sleeves when we got home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card and how nice that you made your daughter all of those kits!! Your weather is way better than here - we are having rain and in the 50's. THough I am happy for the rain, we need it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a cute card. Warm here too and cloudy but no rain. Humidity is through the roof already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok lets try this again. I posted for your Northwoods card and it ended up on this one. Anyhow this one is really cute. Lots of work for you! I liked the Northwood card too. I really like their stamps but last time I checked they were still selling them all mounted. I love their scenic and floral stamps and don't own one of them!!! lol Glad your having nice weather. We are too!

    ReplyDelete