Thursday, February 13, 2014

Valentines


Happy Valentines Day!  I sent many Valentines out but only took a couple of pictures of what I made.  The first one is a Memory Box die that I cut out when Harriet was here.  I really like that die, in fact I liked it so much I bought one!  It can be used for so many different cards.  The second card is the one that I am giving my Bill tomorrow.  I really like how the paper peeks out from under the hearts.  I think he will like it.

Whatever you do, wherever you are, I hope you have a wonderful Valentines Day.  I found this on the web and wanted to share it with you.  I thought it was fun:

Medieval folklore says that birds choose their mates on February 14, so it was a natural conclusion to choose the same date for our own celebration of love and fidelity.
As this folklore evolved, it came to dictate that the first bird an unmarried woman sees on Valentine’s Day would provide an omen as to her future husband’s character.
So, if you wake up on Valentine’s Day and want to stack the deck in your favor, just make sure you find the correct bird from the listed below in order to “guarantee” the partner of your dreams:
• If you want a wealthy partner then see a goldfinch first.
• Seeing a swan first foretells finding a loyal and lifelong partner.
• A bird of prey means living with a politician or leader.
• Your partner will always return home if you see a pigeon.
• A blackbird signals a clergy member in your future.
• See a sparrow and a life on the farm is headed your way.
• Want to travel with your partner? See a gull first!
• A bluebird means a fun and happy partner will come your way.
• Not in to commitment? Then a woodpecker or crow means a relationship or marriage will have to wait another year.
Whatever bird you see first, it is sure to foretell that you are a person that loves nature and that birds will be a part of your future for years to come and that is always a good omen!

Until next time, happy trails to you...

Sheri

4 comments:

  1. I love both of these valentines Sheri! I didn't see the hearts die when I was visiting! I love how the paper shows through and the sentiment fits perfectly with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Don't you just love that spellbinder die! Going to be part of my christmas cards next year. Just got it! Really like what you have done with that first one. Hope your keeping warm down there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Valentines are really cute. I love the bit of info you added.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that heart die!!! It just looks so neat over the variety of patterns below.

    ReplyDelete